Chameleon is a plugin for Grasshopper and Revit with a focus on interoperability. Chameleon simplifies the process of translating geometric data between Grasshopper and Autodesk Revit, and is being used at many of the world’s most highly respected design firms and academic institutions.
VERSION 0.4.0.0 – Released 06/14/2013
- Chameleon now supports editing adaptive components it has previously placed.
- Chameleon Adaptive Component Systems (CACS) can be created, named, and edited later, (Added “AC Connect”, “AC System”, & “Load AC” functions).
- CACS created in one session of Revit can be re-loaded into the Grasshopper environment in another session.
- Utility commands in the Grasshopper & Revit environments have been de-commissioned, to reappear in a separate plugin. Chameleon is focused on interoperability.
- The GBXML component now works without needing proper latitude, longitude, & city data.
PLEASE NOTE – If you are looking for some of the Revit specific functionality of previous versions, download version 0.3.2.0.
FEEDBACK & DISCUSSION
Please use these forums to post examples of what you’re doing and provide feedback:
Chameleon forum at Revitcity.com.
Chameleon Group at Grasshopper3d.com.
Chameleon is currently compatible with Revit Architecture 2013, 2014, and Grasshopper 0.9.0056
Chameleon is provided free of charge and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. It is developed and supported in our spare time, so please keep this in mind when requesting support.